- Your satisfaction is our priority. If you are unhappy with any part of your service, please contact us within 7 days of your appointment so that we can address your concerns appropriately.
- Our hair studio is happy to offer one complimentary bang or neck trim within six weeks of your last paid haircut appointment. We work as a team and may not always be able to guarantee a specific provider for this complimentary service.
- Payment is due in full upon completion of service. We do not run tabs.
- We prefer cash or local checks, but happily accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and AMEX as well.
- There will be a $25.00 fee added to all returned checks.
- Two returned checks will necessitate payment by cash or credit card for all future appointments.
- Credit cards must have your name on them.
- Husbands, wives, and children of existing clients are an exception- but the person named on the card must call with permission.
- Gift cards must be present if they are being redeemed by anyone other than the recipient on file.
- Gift cards are non-refundable and cannot be redeemed for cash. They may be used for services and merchandise. Purchased gift cards do not expire.
- Gift cards cannot be purchased by credit card over the phone unless the purchaser or recipient is an existing and regular client. This is to protect all parties from credit card fraud.
- Gift cards that are donated for community events such as school auctions and fundraisers are assigned services and cannot be substituted for different services. They can, however, be upgraded at an additional cost. Donated gift cards expire 1 year from the date of donation.
- Unopened hair and skincare products may be returned or exchanged within 30 days.
- Opened/used hair and skincare products may be exchanged within 30 days for a product of equal or lesser value- no cash refunds. If you are unhappy with a product, please do not continue to use it- we are happy to help you find something better suited to your needs. If the product is more than one-third used, no exchange will be made.
- Damaged products will be exchanged for the same product, undamaged.
- Boutique items are final sale unless damaged. Gifts may be exchanged within a reasonable window at Essence’s discretion.
- Hair extensions are a non-refundable retail item and must be paid for in advance of ordering.
Children, Teens, and Liability
- Essence reserves the right to refuse service for any reason.
- No children under the age of 13 are allowed in the salon or spa without an appointment. Please note, we no longer take on new clients under the age of 13.
- Minors (age 17 and under) must have a signed release by a parent or guardian for spa services.
- Essence reserves the right to require a parent to be on the premises for Minor’s services.
- A parent or guardian may request to be present for services performed in private rooms or to have the door left open or ajar.
- Release forms- we are required by insurance to keep liability release form on file for certain spa services such as waxing. This is to ensure that clients are aware of contraindications and what to expect from these services. Service providers reserve the right to decline any service they believe to be contraindicated through consultation and liability release. Release forms are kept on file but must be updated annually.
Spa and Salon Clothing Protocol
- Hair services- if you wear a collared shirt, turtleneck, or bulky sweater to your appointment, you may be asked to change into one of our salon robes to protect your clothing and ensure that you receive the best possible service.
- Facial or massage services- your service provider will direct you on how to prepare for your service. However, you should undress only to your comfort level. Our goal is to give you the best experience possible, and that requires you to feel comfortable.
- Spray tan services- Women undress to their comfort level. Men must wear underwear, shorts, or swim trunks.
Cash or Local Check
- Every time you pay with cash or check, we enter you into a monthly drawing for a $50 gift card to Essence- simply for helping us lower our transaction fees!