- Our priority is your satisfaction. If you are unhappy with any part of your service, please contact us within 7 days of your appointment so that we can address your concerns appropriately.
- Our hair studio is happy to offer one complimentary bang or neck trim within six weeks of your last paid haircut appointment. We work as a team; therefore, may not always be able to guarantee a specific provider for this complimentary service.
Children, Teens, and Liability
- Essence reserves the right to refuse service for any reason.
- No children under the age of 13 are allowed in the salon or spa without an appointment. Please note, we no longer take new clients under the age of 13.
- Minors under the age of 17 must have a signed release by a parent or guardian for spa services.
- Essence reserves the right to require a parent to be on the premises for Minor’s services if deemed appropriate.
- Parent or guardian may request to be present for services performed in private rooms or to have the door left open or ajar.
- Release forms- we are required by insurance to keep a liability/ release form on file for skincare services such as waxing, dermaplane, etc. This is to ensure that clients are aware of contraindications and what to expect from these services. Service providers reserve the right to decline any service they believe to be contraindicated through consultation and liability release. Release forms are kept on file, but must be updated annually, provided you are coming regularly. If we do not see you for six months, you will be required to fill out a new release form before receiving services.
Timeliness and Cancellations
- We make every effort to be on time for your appointment and ask that you do the same. Please arrive on time for your appointment. If you are late, your service will be abbreviated as necessary to finish on time for the next scheduled client. If you are more than 15 minutes late, you may be asked to reschedule.
- Appointment confirmations are a courtesy. If we do not have current and correct contact info for you, you will not receive an appointment confirmation.
- We ask that you give a minimum of 24 hours’ notice if you cannot make it to your scheduled appointment (hair extension appointments require 72 hours’ notice). Service providers are compensated according to productivity, when you do not show up to your appointment or cancel without notice, it is impossible for the salon to fill that scheduled time, thus reducing your service provider’s earning capacity.
- No-shows and cancellations with less than 24 hours’ notice are subject to a charge of 50% of the cost of the service that was missed before a new appointment can be scheduled. We understand that emergencies and illness may make 24 hours’ notice impossible and will make exceptions as appropriate.
- After 3 missed appointments with less than 24 hours’ notice, you will be asked to pay for your scheduled appointment upon booking. This is a non-refundable deposit that will be applied to your final bill on the day of your appointment provided you do not cancel or reschedule with less than 24 hours’ notice. In the event of a no-show, cancellation, or reschedule with less than 24 hours’ notice, your deposit will be used to compensate your service provider and the salon for lost time.
- Alternatively, you may opt to schedule same day appointments only, upon availability.
- Unopened hair and skincare products may be returned or exchanged within 30 days.
- Opened/used hair and skincare products may be exchanged within 30 days for a product of equal or lesser value- no cash refunds. If you are unhappy with a product, please do not continue to use it- we are happy to help you find something better suited to your needs. If product is more than 1/3 used, no exchange will be made.
- Damaged products will be exchanged for the same product, undamaged.
- Boutique items are final sale unless damaged. Gifts may be exchanged within a reasonable window at Essence’s discretion.
- Payment is due in full upon completion of service. We do not run tabs.
- We prefer cash or local checks, but happily accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and AMEX as well.
- There will be a $25.00 fee added to all returned checks.
- Two returned checks will necessitate payment by cash or credit card for all future appointments.
- Credit cards must have your name on them.
- Husbands, wives, and children of existing clients may be excepted- but the person named on the card must call with permission.
- New clients or non-clients must be present with ID to give permission to run their card.
- Gift cards must be present if they are being redeemed by anyone other than the recipient on file.
- Gift cards are non-refundable and cannot be redeemed for cash. They may be used for services and merchandise. Purchased gift cards do not expire.
- Gift cards cannot be purchased by credit card over the phone unless the purchaser or recipient is an existing and regular client. This is to protect all parties from credit card fraud.
- Gift cards that are donated for community events such as school auctions and fundraisers are assigned services and cannot be substituted for different services. They can, however, be upgraded. Donated gift cards expire 1 year from the date of donation.
- Hair extensions are non-refundable and must be paid for in advance of ordering.
- Short notice (72 hours or less) hair extension appointment cancellations will result in a 50% cancellation fee and a 50% rebooking deposit (this will roughly be the same as the cost of the hair). This deposit is non-refundable and will be applied to your final bill on the day of your appointment provided you do not cancel or reschedule with less than 72 hours’ notice. In the event of a no-show, cancellation, or reschedule with less than 72 hours’ notice, your deposit will be used to compensate your service provider and the salon for lost time.
- Essence reserves the right to keep possession of extension hair as payment when deemed necessary.
Spa and Salon Clothing Protocol
- Hair services- if you wear a collared shirt, turtleneck, or bulky sweater to your appointment, you may be asked to change into one of our salon robes to ensure that you receive the best possible service, and your clothing is protected.
- Facial or massage services- your service provider will direct you on how to prepare for your service. However, you should undress only to your comfort level. Our goal is to give you the best experience possible, and you must be at ease for that to happen.
- Spray tan services- Women undress to their comfort level. Men must wear underwear, shorts, or swim trunks.
Cash or Local Check
- Every time you pay with cash or check, we enter you into a monthly drawing for a $50 gift card to Essence- simply for helping us lower our transaction fees!